Friday, February 26, 2016

Pismo

Pelican in flight.  Strong, steady, powerful wings.  
Ocean.   Silver blue, capped white, mirror of clouds and sky.
Gulls.  Melody in their call, the song of the sea. 
Waves of the cove.  Rolling softly inward, outward. 
Light of late afternoon.  Soft yellow, ever changing.
Air.  Mellowed. Midday harshness gone. 
Breeze.  Gentle whispers, brushing lightly.   

This is my place.  
Home.

Awe.

My breathing slows, matching the tempo of the pelican's stroke -   
    so different than the blackbird with its rapid flapping.  

My spirit attunes to the song of the gulls.  
   Music for my core.   

The warmth, the stillness of the afternoon, enfolds me.   
    Something deep within unfurls.  

Quiet.

I welcome the light of dusk. 
The sun lowers, each moment the landscape lit anew. 
My soul captivated, delighted, then calmed. 

In the waning light, I pray for peace.

Release.

The sun settles, preparing for night.   
Calm.  
Presence.  
Power.  
His Spirit, which dwells within, expands my inner being.    
Strength.  Resolve.
Breath of God.  In. Out.
Love.

Rest.  







1 comment:

  1. Words that embrace the experience to bring me to that place of peace. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete